- Be convinced. Read the information provided on this website and understand that government is not protecting our food supply and that it's up to us, to you, to act on this and that acting is urgently needed if we want clean water, clean air, and healthy food that is not corporately controlled.
- Tell your mayor and council or area director, your MLA and MP, you want your community protected from GM contamination and that you expect them to take action immediately to stop new GM crops from being planted. Urge them to act in their capacity as elected leader to rid your community of existing crops. Send them an email and please copy firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep track of the support for GMO free communities.
- Hold a public presentation. If you don't get a satisfactory answer from your mayor or director within one week, phone or email again requesting they have you come as a delegation - this will allow you to speak to council for 10 minutes. Either use this as a base or let Bee SAFE know immediately and we will send you a 10 minute verbal presentation you can make. If you feel you need more expertise, we will accompany you and be willing to answer questions from council.
- Hold a vote?If your elected officials do not act, then hold a vote in your community. This requires getting lots of public attention first, so make sure to write local media, and have voting ballots and boxes available in public places for at least one month to give everyone a chance to vote. Contact us if you need help setting this up.
- If all else fails, GM crops will have to be eradicated by other means. Can GM growers be persuaded to change? Many are now doing this. In Europe, GM crops were eradicated. Let us know what your thoughts are and let us continue to do all we can to stop polluting agriculture and to build healthy communities.